If you work for public agencies or municipalities, such as the New York City Housing Authority, Dormitory Authority of the State of New York, etc., you may file a Mechanic’s Lien if the contractor has not paid you for your work.

We will file a Mechanic’s Lien with the governmental agency to protect your claim.

A person or company performing labor for or furnishing materials to a contractor, his or her subcontractor or legal representative, for the construction or demolition of a public improvement pursuant to a contract by such contractor with the state or a public corporation, and any trust fund to which benefits and wage supplements are due or payable for the benefit of such person performing labor, shall have a lien for the principal and interest of the value or agreed price of such labor, including benefits and wage supplements due or payable for the benefit of any person performing labor, or materials upon the moneys of the state or of such corporation applicable to the construction or demolition of such improvement, to the extent of the amount due or to become due on such contract, and under a judgment of the court of claims awarded to the contractor for damages arising from the breach of such contract by the state, or awarded for furnishing labor or materials not contemplated by the provisions of said contract, upon filing a notice of lien as prescribed in this article, except as hereinafter in this article provided.